Academy of Pre-Health Scholars (APHS)
The Center for Diversity Affairs at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is pleased to announce that the Academy of Pre-Health Scholars (APHS) summer program will be offered to disadvantaged and/or underrepresented high school students in the summer of 2017. Just like its predecessor Bridging the Gap – Phase II (BTG II) program, APHS is designed to facilitate a successful academic career for the students who have strong interests in healthcare professions.
The Academy of Pre-Health Scholars (APHS) will offer a more versatile schedule that will fit most student’s educational and professional demands. When you apply through the CDA website, you will be automatically considered for the full 6-week program.
Please use our Applicant’s Guide for complete information to the program and the application process.
- Weeks 1 to 4: ACT Preparation and Academic Success
- June 12 (Mon) to July 7 (Fri), 2017
- Week 5: Break (invitation to APHS 2270 will be sent)
- July 10 (Mon) to July 14 (Fri), 2017
- Weeks 6 and 7: Introduction to Medical Professions
- July 17 (Mon) to July 28 (Fri), 2017